A born fiction writer, Rusty Coats learned early that everyone wants to be the hero in the story. As a consultant to media organizations, he helps companies find their own hero’s path in building sustainability.
Reporter and columnist turned digital media leader, Rusty knows the difference journalism can make in a community’s life. Finding sustainable, innovative ways to help organizations pay for journalism is Rusty's calling.
- Prize-winning reporter and columnist
- Pulitzer finalist
- Digital media pioneer, moving into interactive media in 1993
- Spearheaded initiatives to earn nearly $300M in digital revenue for the Local Media Consortium over three years as founding Executive Director and CEO
- Driver of audience and revenue for media companies like McClatchy, Media General and E.W. Scripps
- External board member for select media companies
- ·Author of two published novels, “Out of Touch” and “Avalon”